Hey guys, so I know I’ve been totally MIA the last few weeks because life has been CRAZY (and I’ve also had major writers block tbh), but I’m back now and have a ton of great content lined up for the rest of the month! The inspiration for this post came to me the other night when Dustin and I were strolling the short distance to Japan Town for drinks at our favorite little Hawaiian restaurant followed by dinner at our go-to sushi spot. Not only are we both always so busy (and often strapped for cash being that we live in the Bay Area and all), but we’re also creatures of habit and tend to get incredibly wrapped up in our day-to-day routines. We’re notorious for letting ourselves slip into these little ruts so little weekly outings, just the two of us, are an absolute must for our relationship. They’re rarely pricey, fancy, or extravagant but they’re always special and refreshing.
Honestly, when I tell people that Dustin and I make it a point to go on a little “date” at least once every two weeks, if not every single week, they think we’re crazy. “How the f*** do you guys have that kind of time??” is usually the response I get but when I say “date”, I don’t necessarily mean your typical fancy dinner and a movie situation, I just mean anything that gets us out of our daily grind for at least an hour. This can be anything from happy hour at our favorite spot downtown to a quick stroll in our sweats for some ice cream at the little shop down the street. We enjoy each others company so much and it’s so nice to get away from everything, even if it’s just for a little while. Having said all that, I wanted to share some of our favorite little “date” idea’s with y’all because I just think no matter how long you and your special someone have been together, it’s never too late to starting “dating” again. So, for those of you who think you’re too busy for all this lovey-dovey crap, this ones for you:
- Try out a new restaurant together for cocktails and appetizers
- Hit up a local winery for a tasting and a cheese plate (Check out Groupon for things like this, we ALWAYS find awesome deals)
- Pack a picnic lunch and find a sunny spot in a local park
- Turn off the TV, open up a bottle of wine, and cook dinner together
- Grab some ice cream and take a stroll around a cute neighborhood
- Go for a morning hike followed by brunch at your fave breakfast spot
- Turn on your favorite movie and do a little at-home wine tasting
- Hit up an ultra hipster coffee shop, sip boujee lattes, and people watch
- Check out a local street fair or food truck night and eat and drink to your heart’s content
- Whip up some boozey cocktails and head to the pool or beach for a bit (or just plant your butts on the patio if the pool or beach aren’t options).
All of these ideas are super simple, take little to no planning, and are extremely budget friendly. Hope this helps all y’all who struggle getting away from the daily grind, like us!
Also just a side note, I wore these adorable drawstring shorts and my new fave strappy studded block heels to happy hour the other evening and I’m obsessed with the combo! Love the color of the shorts, and the fun bit of flare that the shoes add to a simple outfit like the one I’m wearing here. My shoes are from VICI Collection but I’ve also linked some similar ones, as well as the rest of my outfit details below. Happy Monday, friends! Hope everyone has a great week!
Shop the Look