We’ve been getting a ton of rain in the Bay Area throughout the last two weeks, which I’m not complaining about because we absolutely needed it, but I’m not going to lie, I am already beginning to look forward to Spring and Summer. I miss the sunshine, pool days, warm weather, and evenings sitting barefoot on the patio, sipping a refreshing cocktail, while Dustin cooks dinner on the grill.
I came home from work yesterday feeling especially blue and absolutely soaked from the torrential downpour that decided to unload itself as soon as I began walking to my car from the office (sans umbrella of course). After sulking (and bitching) for a few minutes, I decided that the weather should NOT be allowed to affect my mood and I am MOST DEFINITELY entitled to warm weather vibes, even during the rainy season.
Feeling inspired, I slipped into my comfiest sweats, wrapped myself up in my favorite faux fur throw blanket, and paid my bar cart a little visit. After surveying the contents of my fridge and liquor stash, I decided to whip up a few of these delicious rosemary grapefruit moscow mules for Dustin and I, because who ever said fruity and refreshing had to stick to any one season? The citrusy bite of the grapefruit and lime juice mixed with the sweet tang of the ginger beer was exactly what I needed to get me out of this winter funk! Feeling the winter blues too and in desperate need of a pick-me-up? Here’s your solution:
What You’ll Need
- 2 ounces of vodka
- 2 ounces of freshly squeezed (or store bought) pink grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp of fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces of chilled ginger beer (I used one from Trader Joes, but anything you like will work)
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
Let’s Get Mixing
- Fill a tumbler, rocks glass, or copper mug with ice.
- Add vodka, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and ginger beer and stir well to mix.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary, grapefruit slices, and a lime wedge (if desired).
Tried this sip? Let me know what you think in the comments!