First off, we are now 17 days out from the wedding and let me tell you, we are feeling the pressure! We’ve been running around like crazy finalizing seating charts, ordering last minute decorations, issuing final payments, you name it! That being said, it’s been a good kind of crazy because we are SO excited to finally be married and have actually had a lot of fun watching it all come together.
In my post, 10 Unexpected Wedding Expenses That Nobody Really Talks About, I mention outfits for pre-wedding festivities. Because this is something that tends to slip under the radar until you actually begin planning those pre-wedding festivities (at least that’s how it was for me), I wanted to dive a little deeper into this topic and bless y’all with a little bride to be outfit inspo.
So, the first question is: What are those pre-wedding festivities that you’ll probably want a little something special to wear for?
- Engagement Party
- Bridal Shower
- Bachelorette Party (possibly several outfits if you’re planning a weekend affair/depending on what you’ll be doing)
- Rehearsal Dinner
The second question is: Do all of these dresses/outfits HAVE to be white? No. Every bride is different and while some go out and buy a stark white, classic dress for every single occasion, some like to mix it up and go for something floral, or nude, or blush—it’s totally up to you and you’ll look fab no matter what! Most of the dresses I chose for my pre-wedding events happen to be white or ivory, but that’s just what I found and liked—I was totally open to different prints and styles while shopping around!
Buying a different dress/outfit for each of these occasions (not to mention the chunk of change you’ll also be dropping on your wedding dress) can clearly add up, so I strongly suggest not breaking the bank just to look fabulous—Let’s face it, you’re the blushing bride so you’re going to look gorgeous no matter what you wear and your fiancée (and your guests) are still going to think the sun shines out of your ass, regardless. Here’s a few tips when shopping for your outfits:
- Think outside the box—Like I mentioned before, if a plain white dress just isn’t you, try something with a feminine print or in a pastel shade instead.
- Plan ahead—Once you know what theme and style you’re going for, for each event, you can then start pinpointing styles that you like and wait until they go on sale or until you get a coupon code or something.The earlier you start planning/shopping, the easier it’s going to be to find good deals!
- Keep your options open—There are so many cool styles out there like two-piece sets, asymmetrical dresses, maxi’s, midi’s, mini’s, rompers, jumpsuits etc.!
- Consider ordering online—Stores tend to have better selections online with tons of bargain opportunities. By ordering online, you’re more likely to find something you love within your price range (and in the size you need), without the frustration of digging through racks at a million different stores.
The dress I’m wearing here is something I bought for one of our nights out during my bachelorette weekend but it would have been totally gorgeous for either the bridal shower or the rehearsal dinner too. I love the lace detail over the nude lining and the cut of it made me feel so sexy. Not only was it super comfy and easy to dance the nigh away in, but it was also super affordable (under $60)!
Disclaimer: I bought this dress at H&M not too long ago but unfortunately, I couldn’t find the exact one ANYWHERE when I went to link it. I did however; find several similar ones that I’ve linked below as well as tons of other ensembles that I’m absolutely loving for each pre-wedding occasion:
The Engagement Party
The Bridal Shower
The Bachelorette Party/Weekend
The Rehearsal Dinner
Shop My Look